- Board Training
- Field Service Agents
Center for Regional Improvement
The Center for Regional Improvement provides the leadership for:
- Establishing and maintaining inter- and intra-center relationships necessary to satisfy the State Board of Education mission, goals, and objectives and the goals of the Education Service Center.
- Translating policies into operational procedures.
- Designing and implementing new and/or modified program operations.
- Recruiting, screening, selecting, and training personnel.
- Securing, managing, disbursing and accounting for the financial resources required for the achievement of goals and objectives.
- Conducting assessment activities to provide for continuous evaluation.
- Providing for network communication and dissemination of information.
- Providing for coordination of educational planning within the region.
Contact Dr. Rick Alvarado for more information about the Center for Regional Improvement.
School Board Training
A variety of training programs, including new board member orientation, are available to meet local district needs for mandated school board member training and are correlated to the statewide standards or duties of a school board member.
Training Offered (available upon request):
- Orientation to the Texas Education Code
- A Self-Study for the Team of Eight
- Team Building
- School Board Accountability Rating
- Accountability (NCLB or Texas)
- Goal Setting
- Open Meetings Act
- FIRST Training
- Code of Conduct
- Ethics for Board Members
- School Board Self-Appraisal
- Superintendent Appraisal
- Robert’s Rules of Order
- Board Operating Procedure
- Who Moved My Cheese? (Dealing With Change)
- FISH (Boosting Morale and Improving Results)
Field Service Agents
Field Service Agents act as liaisons, ombudsmen and advocates for local school districts in their relationship to the ESC and the TEA. The agents' primary objective is to provide timely, accurate, and consistent information and assistance between the TEA, ESC and I.S.D. with the local district superintendent as the contact.
Below are the following Field Service Agents for Education Service Center, Region 2:
Dan Baen 361-561-8415